Washing our hands is considered an easy task but do you know that A study has shown that only 3% of people wash their hands properly. Washing hands is one of the important steps of our hygiene as we use our hands to do most of our stuff, so the hands should be clean to prevent bacterias.
You give shelter to numerous disease-causing germs on your hand if you don’t wash them properly.
Washing hand is not just only using soap to lather all over your hands and rinse it, it is a proper procedure which is to be followed to make your hands a germ free place. You have to wash your hands properly instead of just applying some amount of soap and rub it and then just wash it off.
It is recommended to spend at least 30 seconds to wash your hands, to kill the germs on your hands.
Not counting the numbers but not washing your hands properly may end up causing diseases like diarrhea, respiratory infections, sniffles, flu, etc.
According to a study poor hand-washing practices led to cross-contamination.
Washing hands properly with a good cleanser will kill up to 83% of germs.
Not only washing but drying your hands as well is also important.
Now here we will tell you all the tips and tricks of hand washing. So read further.
This book has shocking statements that have similarities with the widespread Coronavirus or COVID-90 or Wuhan-400.
When To Wash Your Hand?
Whether you are an adult or children you have to wash your hands before and after certain tasks which will prevent the build-up of germs.
- After using the toilet
- Before cooking anything
- Before eating anything
- After eating anything
- After touching pets or other animals
- After changing infant or adult nappies
- After sneezing or picking your nose
- After coming in contact with sand
- Before touching your face
- When your hands are visibly dirty
Now the question is how to wash hands properly?
So here is your answer.
How To Wash Your Hands Properly?
Your handwashing procedure should be of at least 30 seconds. Which includes the following steps:
- First of all wet your hands with water.
- Take soap of the required amount which is enough to cover your hands.
- Then start rubbing your palm to palm.
- Rub on the backside of palm.
- Then rub between the fingers, make sure that the soap lathers your hand properly.
- Then rub on the backside of the fingers.
- Scrub your thumbs properly.
- Do this step by step process for at least 30 seconds.
- Then rinse off your hands with running water.
- Dry your hands using a single-use towel.
- Then use this towel to turn off the tap.
- And you now have clean hands which have fewer bacteria than before.
To protect yourself from infection do this procedure every time you wash your hands. It is not advised to use antibacterial soap only, according to research antibacterial soap has same effect as ordinary soap.
Alcohol-based handrubs are way better than soap and water in killing germs. The best products contain 60%–95% isopropanol or ethanol which helps in the effective results.